Monday, January 25, 2010

Wow - The Stars Aligned

What a fantastic day. When things look bleak, the clouds part and the sun shines. You know there may be something to this thinking like your dog thing. EVERY DAY IS THE BEST DAY EVER!

This week we experienced another round in the car repair realm. $400 worth. Of course, living on a tight budget (What some people may call month to month) we were hard pressed to come up with the money out of pocket. We thought, "There goes the emergency fund, wiped out again." Not to mention we took the car to one place and they discovered that to replace the part required a special tool that they didn't have. So on to the next repair shop. Well . . . Let me tell you about it.

I've been talking to everyone lately about how "If you were you're dog," everything would be the BEST EVER. You know, the best walk, the best play, the best pet . . . yadda - yadda - yadda. Anyway, here's how it turned out.

First I get a 10% of coupon in an email from the repair shop where I'm taking my car, then some things I placed on Craig's List sold (2x what I need to pay for the car.)!!! My emergency fund stays in tack and I end up with some extra Money. THE BEST DAY EVER! Not to mention my dog got a walk AND a car ride, plus the car is fixed. Yeah!

You know, Don't give up! In the movie "Galaxy Quest" with Tim Allen there's a line, "Never Give Up! Never Surrender!" In this quest for a more than average life, "Don't give up!" Good things happen to those who don't give up. It may take a while, but stay on the bright side of things and remember that, "Every cloud has a silver lining" thing. In a book I read it talks about not growing weary in doing good, because in due time we will reap a reward if we don't give up. Remember what we've been talking about? Taking small steps and making small changes. Keep it up, good things happen. Believe it.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment