Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Status Quo

I'll bet you didn't know that "Status Quo" is Latin for "The Mess We're In"

Yesterday was a doosie. It would literally freak you out to know how much they want to put a new thermostat in a VW Passat! It did me! Just when everything seemed to be in it's place (or at least getting there.) Whamo! Isn't that just like life to throw you a curve ball just when you think things are getting better.

But you know . . . there's a way I used to act (average) that would let this kind of a thing derail me (at least mentally)and I would in turn let that ruin my day, and of course try to get everyone else to feel as bad as I do, etc, etc . . .

BUT NOT THIS TIME!!!!!! In reality I have a little bit of an emergency fund set aside and I'm going to be thankful I have that. Put it to the problem this time and then start over on that fund and build it up bigger! Things aren't as bad as they may seem, so I'm going to keep smiling and work through it. I've got my health, as they say and I'm not ready to give up! Besides when it's all said an done the car will be better and I'll not have to worry about that issue for a long time! So there life! You had your shot and you lose!

You know the unexpected will always happen. You can expect it. As someone said, "It's not the problem that's the problem. It's how you treat it."

You know I feel pretty good about this. I've got to go set an appointment for a thermostat change. Here's to success. See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. The only person whose plans are not worth interrupting is God! A friend of mine used to say "There's only two things you need to know to be happy: One, there is a God, and two, it's not you."

    Interruptions and the unexpected are sometimes God's way of reminding us of that.

    Like coming here and reading--way to be consistent!

    ReplyDelete