Sunday, January 10, 2010

In the Mix

Each day seems to be a mix of good and bad. Attempts at better than average and futility or loss. I appears to me that what we focus on is where we win or lose. And starting with what you have, not with what you don't have, is key.

It's all to easy to do nothing or withdraw because of what you don't have or can't have yet. It seems Ken Keys, Jr. was right when he said "To be upset over what you don't have is to waste what you do have."

Today was a mix. Success and joy. (My car was fixed and it didn't cost an arm and a leg) plus I got to sit with and talk to others, offering my help with what wisdom I've gathered, and then there was a great mix of just the same old same old. At the end of the day I was wondering how effective I was at working on my goals.

Truth be told I was better. Maybe not a lot, but I was better. I started with what I had and moved forward in my day. Made some head way in getting things done, made an intelligent purchase (saved money - That's always a good one!) and lent myself to others.

You see the opportunities are always there, challenges to be conquered, decisions to be made, hands to be extended. It's our choices that determine our out come. I like to think that the power of choice is the greatest power that God gave man. That makes you and me very strong, able to do amazing things. The truth is you don't know what you can do until you try. That being above average is simply TRYING! Because the average just let time slip by and do nothing.

Here's to our little somethings and better days! See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment