Friday, January 29, 2010

I love my Dog.

I love my dog. But some times I wish I could just forget and dive into the next moment the way she does. Admittedly she doesn't have to pay bills, repair cars, buy food or go to work. In truth the one job she does have is . . . holding down the couch. Yes, holding down the couch. She nests on one side of the couch constantly and if we go out, or go to work she can be depended on to be found right there. Holding down the couch.

But I have to admit. When we come in she does jump down off the couch (Abandons that post) to wag , squeak and greet us, genuinely letting us know how glad she is that we are home safe. Hmm . . ALWAYS GENUINELY GLAD TO SEE US. Maybe there's a lesson to learn there.

And then there's those looks, like at feeding time, or the "I need to go out" look. And she genuinely expects to get your attention and an answer. And it's consistent, she always expects a response from you. Hmm . . . EXPECTANCY - maybe there's a lesson there.

And then she 'always' begs like she expects to get something whether she does or not. She never gives up. Hmm . . . PERSISTENT/CONSISTENT - Oh God! Maybe there's a lesson there too.

Okay this is getting spooky. Kind of like my dog is some divinely placed personality here to teach me some kind of lesson. (While pretty much being as cute as she can be)

Any way now it's got me thinking. I should work on mastering these things. They could quite possibly help me on the road out of average. Food for thought. See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment