Thursday, March 18, 2010

Breaking the Yokes

Today I made my first egg without breaking the yoke. As I twittered, that only took 58 (almost 59 years). HA! I was pretty excited about the deal and it tasted good too. But then I was thinking . . . Life doesn't work like that. You've got to break a couple yokes to be better than average in life.

I was oh so careful turning those eggs, trying to be safe. After all I just broke yokes for the last 50+ years while still trying to be oh so careful. Isn't that a bit like all of us though. We try oh so hard to be careful in the things we do. Trying not to upset the apple cart so to speak, even struggling to be normal, rather than trying something new that could possibly open up new opportunities for us.

With my eggs I tried a new spatula and then when they were a little solid I was able to flip them with success. I know some of you are laughing and maybe have even have more successful techniques for my eggs (love to hear them by the way). But that's not my point.

Break some yokes today. Try something new. Maybe a little thing that will make today just a little bit different (in a good way). You know there's an incredibly good feeling that comes from trying, especially if you're successful! Really. Try it!

I read this one recently: "Everyday do something that will inch you toward a better tomorrow." Notice the word "INCH"! You don't have to take big leaps to become better, just inch. So let's all join the "inchworm" club and break some yokes today!

See ya later . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment