Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Awk! Two in a Row!

Isn't this amazing! Two in a row. Can you tell I'm not at my normal job this week?

You know the thought occurred to me that we human animals are about as consistent and focused as the next new idea. That is to say we are excited and focused on something only until the next seemingly great idea or event comes along. It really wrecks our consistency. Thriving and not just surviving, requires a fierce mindset especially during trying times.

We need not only cultivate a more focused positive thinking in our daily lives. But to establish some kind of a vision of what we desire. One person said regarding thinking positively more often, "to treat life as a game where you are constantly being challenged. Then nothing fazes you."

But the vision part is different. You've got to look forward and see your desired result. Being thinner, in better shape, doing the successful things, living a better way. What will you feel like then? How will you live? Then bolster your belief in that out come. To do so copy someone else if you don't have your own ideas, and repeatedly tell yourself the way things will be if you stay on the path to betterment. Don't let small minded people who can't see your dreams steer you in a different direction.

And one tip toward boosting your mental fitness is. . . well I'll say it. . . Physical fitness. That's right. If you feel good about yourself, it will only show through in you as being more positive and confident.

So come on let's get up and get moving. Remember, the biggest benefit to your future success will be the mental toughness you develop now. And then focus when life throws you a curve, you'll be ready. I know you will. Getting tougher and getting better. See you later.

2 comments:

  1. Great read! You really should do this more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, here I was thinking it was just me that is so distractable! Building structure into my day has been a real wake-up call for me, revealing many things about myself that, well, lets just say need the boot!

    I was just thinking this morning about how knowing what I REALLY want would go miles and miles in reducing my susceptibility to distractions...asking myself that simple question, "what do you really want?", remembering that we reap what we sow. Good post. Pam is right, you should do this more often. :)

    ReplyDelete